Copy Update Package on Cloud Distribution Point RRS feed

• Question

• I haven't found Information about this topic. I have installed a cloud Distribution Point, and I am able to copy my packages and applications, except the update packages. I know about the possibilites, that I can define in an update deployment in which the Clients are allowed to download the updates from an Windows update location. But this opportunity doesn't cover my question, why I can't copy the deployment package. In the TechNet description:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712321.aspx#BKMK_PlanCloudDPs
    I can't find a limitation for update packages.

It might be pssobile, that this is by design, because Update Package could get really big, and also generate more traffic, for both in azure you have to pay as much as you need.

Or covers this limition the update package:

"Cloud-based distribution points do not support packages that run from the distribution point. All content must be downloaded by the client, and then run locally."

Is an update package always run from Distribution Point?

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:39 AM

Answers

• I would expect that it'll behave exactly the same "tandard distribution points and software updates behavior where a scan is performed to determine which updates are applicable, and then download only those applicable updates to the system....not the entire updates package.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:37 PM