none
the link to planner not showing in my project desktop client RRS feed

• Question

• when i start project application there should be Link to Planner icon at the task window but it's not showing how i can make it be there and connect my project to planner.

thank you

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hello,

This will depend on the version and build number of your Project desktop client. In Project click File > Account and that will show your Product information. This will need to be the Project Online Desktop Client in 1708 (Build 8431.2079) or later.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:06 AM
  • r.ali --

To echo what Paul just stated, the Link to Planner feature is only available through the subscription-based versions of Microsoft Project 2016, specifically the Office 365 version.  It sounds like you are using the MSI version of Microsoft Project 2016, which does not include the Link to Planner feature.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This will depend on the version and build number of your Project desktop client. In Project click File > Account and that will show your Product information. This will need to be the Project Online Desktop Client in 1708 (Build 8431.2079) or later.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:06 AM
  • r.ali --

To echo what Paul just stated, the Link to Planner feature is only available through the subscription-based versions of Microsoft Project 2016, specifically the Office 365 version.  It sounds like you are using the MSI version of Microsoft Project 2016, which does not include the Link to Planner feature.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:07 PM
  • I don't have also and my project is from office365 license. this is very weird, I installed today 
    Friday, September 6, 2019 6:46 PM