GalSync creates additional Forest Mail Contact for already existing MailUser with the same external e-mail address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to untrusted forrest with GalSync FIM 2010 enabled. When synchronizing Users between the two forests everything looks OK.

In one of the forest we already have users configured as MailUsers. This is ordinary AD user accounts that is mail enabled with an external mail address pointing to the other forest.

My problem is that when we synchronize it creates a new Forest Mail Contact with the same external a-mail address as the MailUser object and we are ending up with two objects in the GAL and we are only able to query for availability with contact object created by FIM 2010.

Is it possible to create a rule to avoid this?

ChristianLLoyd
    Friday, March 19, 2010 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Christian,

The code for the GalSync DLL is included with the product. You could run the debugger while doing a full sync of this user to determine which logic checks are being done before the new object is provisioned.

I am guessing that there may be a join rule missing in this forest that is preventing the provisioning rules from realizing that the user already has a mail-enabled object in this forest.

-Jeremy

Monday, March 22, 2010 12:05 AM