none
Exchange Resource Names

Question

• So for the 3rd time upper management wants to change the meeting room names for all board and conference rooms.

I've mentioned the issues around renaming rooms but they don't care.

So what can I do to smooth over the transition, the biggest issue of course is the room names not being updated in each users calendar for existing meetings. Is there a smooth way I can do this? Can I have all re-occurring calendar items age off at a certain time and have the administrative assistants create new meetings? I'm open for ideas.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Thenk83,

As far as I know, changing the displayname/alias of resource mailboxes will not affect any existing meetings.

So, I think this is more of an administrative problem than a technical one, you need to send a notification email to all users, telling them what changes will be made, and how to update these changes on their clients ASAP.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 18, 2018 8:10 AM