AVAYA CM with EXCHAGE server 2010 UNIFIED MESSAGING (VOICE MAIL) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a scenario where i am having extensions at avaya side from 2000-2050...

now i have configured UNIFIED MESSAGING VOICE MAIL for them....so that if any of the extension suppose 2002 would not be available then the call will be routed to COVERGEPATH/HUNT-GROUP....2099....which i have configured as PILOT NUMBER for UM HUNT GROUP.

now i can able to listen voice greeting when i directly dial 2099...(To access your mailbox dial your extension) which is IDEAL....no problems with that...

But

When somebody is calling on 2002 extension also.....the caller is listening the same message..(To access your mailbox dial your extension)...aint he should listen something like ??? you have reached the voice mailbox of...please leave your mesasge something like that....

kinldy help....what i am missing...

Thanks

sepe

Monday, October 7, 2013 8:40 AM

All replies

• This is expected behavior.  For extension 2002, you'll need the calls to voicemail to be bound to 2099 with 2002 as a diversion header in your SIP communication. 

• Proposed as answer by Eric Stoddard Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:31 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:11 PM
  • well anthony..i got that working...it was just a small configuration which needs to be done while adding trunk at avaya end....

thankss.....

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:29 PM
  • No problem.  Sorry for the late reply, going through old threads.  :)

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:31 PM
  • Can you tell us what small configuration change you had to make on the Avaya end.  Have a customer with the same issue and we have not been able to figure it out.

Thanks

Robert

Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:40 PM
  • Hello, Please make sure the sip trunk group u have made with exchange has the following sertings 1st page ...service type ..public netwrk (IMPORTANT) most probably will be enogh 3rd page...numbering format..:public UUI treatment...service provider (dnt remember if required or not even) 4th page...indentity for calling party display...p asserted (dnt remember if required or u can do with that even) Let me know if you able to make it wrking else share your email address will send you the screenshots of mine.. Regards Sushant
    Friday, November 7, 2014 3:04 AM