Add option for classic right click taskbar menu RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I just have a suggestion for Windows 7.

The new Windows 7 Taskbar right-click is slow to use quickly, due to the menu being off-set to the left and up by a large amount.

Compared to the "Classic" right click menu which is only a few pixels away from where you first right click, like in Windows Vista and XP.

The Classic menu is there but you need to hold shift first before right-clicking, not very useful...

The fix that I ask Microsoft to allow is to add an option in Taskbar properties to allow classic right-click menu as default. (No holding shift).

Thank you.

Regards,

Laurence
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Laurence,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will forward it to our internal team as a feature request.

Thanks again.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:50 AM
  • Thank you for your help, I appreciate it greatly.

Regards,

Laurence
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:37 PM
  • I also agree with this idea.
    I do not want the Jump List.
    When the mouse cursor is done in the slide, it is same.
    Please add option by which the Jump List is disabled.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:40 AM
  • 100% Agree with this suggestion, the jump bar is far far to slow.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 7:30 PM
  • this was a VERY useful information Many thanks
    alain bernheim
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 5:54 PM
  • YES I am in the same boat. - Please Microsoft add the option for this somehow. Technex explained it perfectly - the jump list is very awkward to use.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 6:45 PM
  • SP1 is released and still no way to restore the useful context menu for taskbar items. Why does Microsoft make the UI kludgier and harder to use with each subsequent release of Windows? At least you used to be able to revert the environment to what I call "useful view", but alas, it seems to be gone forever.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:51 PM
  • The new default style is like the linux distribution Mac OS X from Apple, a enormous quicklaunch with enormous icons mixed with apps. We need a option for the classic useful and fast taskbar.

Please Microsoft, a simple classic right click enable Checkbox option for SP2.

And an easy way to add the quicklaunch, Without need to add toolbar to c:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\ 

Thanks.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:16 AM