none
Project Site Contributor Rights for all Projects in PS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a requirement where some users, need a group which gives them the rights to upload documents and create folders in the project sites.

Team Members, unless assigned to a task, can only read projects they belong too. But we need another group, which allows the people to see all projects, and put content into the project sites - nothing else as such.

Any ideas what permission to set? See Manage SharePoint Foundation, but that seems overkill like they can manage anything SP?

Friday, December 12, 2014 10:41 AM

All replies

• Tibsy,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this as long as you are using the permission sync.

The closest you can get to this is by creating a new group, which gives users the "Save to Project Server" category permission on the "My Organization" category. This adds the users to the "project Managers for PWA" group on all Project Sites, which gives the "contribute" rights to the site. 

The downside to this is that  this permission level gets the users closer to the "Design" permission, than the "Contribuite" permission, which means they can create new libraries, lists etc., in addition to uploading content.

As far as being able to "Save" all projects in My organization, that could be mitigated by not giving any other permissions like "open Project" or View Project Schedule" for that category. So essentially, they cannot even see the project in the Project Center, if they are not supposed to see that.

This is the closest I have gotten to a workaround in this scenario.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Friday, December 12, 2014 3:10 PM