Lync 2010 to S4B Response Group migration RRS feed

• Question

• We're going to migrate response group from Lync 2010 to S4B. I suppose that steps are:

1) Move users to S4B

2) Move Response groups. is it possible move RGS one per one ??...or I must migrate all pool's response group at the same time..??

3) What happens with audio files that we use on these RGS ?

4) Modify web access to RGS  (formal agents)... Does RGS migration keep formal agent state ??

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:50 PM

Answers

• 1) Yes

2) You can create them manually and phase them over, or create a script to duplicate them.  But if you use the built in PowerShell options (Export-CsRgsConfiguration, Import-CsRgsConfiguration), you're moving all tied to the pool at once.

3) If you use Export-CsRgsConfiguration, the audio files will move as well.

4) Good question... I believe so but haven't really checked.  If agents have the RGS page bookmarked, the location will change and they'll need to log in on the new side, so they should fix their bookmarks.  This can be done by using the Skype client to find the new RGS page.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 4:14 PM
  • Likely... If the information isn't moved, you may need to move it.  But it might be easiest to ask users to sign back in.  A C# app would also do the trick :)

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:00 PM

All replies

• 1) Yes

2) You can create them manually and phase them over, or create a script to duplicate them.  But if you use the built in PowerShell options (Export-CsRgsConfiguration, Import-CsRgsConfiguration), you're moving all tied to the pool at once.

3) If you use Export-CsRgsConfiguration, the audio files will move as well.

4) Good question... I believe so but haven't really checked.  If agents have the RGS page bookmarked, the location will change and they'll need to log in on the new side, so they should fix their bookmarks.  This can be done by using the Skype client to find the new RGS page.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:42 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 4:14 PM
  • forma agent state is on [rgsdyn].[dbo].[AgentGroupSignInStates], so I think RGS migration don't move this information.

I think it is possible to create a C# project to access to web URL at user logon, and configure this information automatically...

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 4:45 PM
  • Likely... If the information isn't moved, you may need to move it.  But it might be easiest to ask users to sign back in.  A C# app would also do the trick :)

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:00 PM