Database would'nt mount automatically on server restart RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys,

i have this issue on exchange 2007 server, where there's one server holding all exchange roles,

here's some information that might help troubleshoot the problem,

while loading topology information i get this error,

get-MailboxDatabase

Completed

Warning:

ERROR: Could not connect to the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on server Exchange.MDH.INV. One of the following problems may be occurring: 1- The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running. 2- There is no network connectivity to server Exchange.MDH.INV. 3- You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this command. The following permissions are required to perform this command: Exchange View-Only Administrator and local administrators group for the target server. 4- Credentials have been cached for an unpriviledged user. Try removing the entry for this server from Stored User Names and Passwords.

Warning:

ERROR: Could not connect to the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on server Exchange.MDH.INV. One of the following problems may be occurring: 1- The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running. 2- There is no network connectivity to server Exchange.MDH.INV. 3- You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this command. The following permissions are required to perform this command: Exchange View-Only Administrator and local administrators group for the target server. 4- Credentials have been cached for an unpriviledged user. Try removing the entry for this server from Stored User Names and Passwords.

Warning:

Warning:

get-PublicFolderDatabase

Completed

Warning:

and the main issue, that databases are being dismounted on server restart and wont startup automatically (manuall will do)

the following errors and alerts were present in the logs:

warining

source: MS ExchangeIS Mailbox

ID: 9871

Details: There's an online maintenance for database, please revive....

error

source:  MS ExchangeFBPublish

ID: 8197

Deatals: cannot initialize session for virtual machine exchange.. error cannot initialize session for virtual machine exchange stone is running also makee surethere's a valid public folder.

Warninig

ID: 9399

source: Oal Generator

Details

Aabed Yassine - Systems Engineer If my answer helped you please Vote As Helpful, if my answer solved your problem please Mark As Answer.

Friday, March 15, 2013 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

check below things:

1. Is IS service set to automatic on Exchange.MDH.INV?

2. Does that account you logged has proper permission to exchange server?

3. Check whether old password stored in cache?

4. Is automatic mount at startup settings enabled on db properties?

Kottees : My Blog : Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Friday, March 15, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Hi,

From my research, this issue can be resolved by installing Exchange 2007 SP3. So please take a try.

If the issue continues, check the online defrag and make it is running fine.

Refer to:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691410(v=exchg.80).aspx

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrgeneral/thread/b04aa064-f58e-442e-914d-532532aaff0a

Hope it is helpful.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:45 AM
  • Hi guys,

thank you for your replies, i'll try check your suggestions and get back to you.

Aabed Yassine - Systems Engineer If my answer helped you please Vote As Helpful, if my answer solved your problem please Mark As Answer.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:29 PM
  • Hi Kottees,

sorry havent replied for a while but was pretty busy,

what do you mean old password stored in chache? could you be more specific on where to check this and how to do it?

thank you

Monday, April 8, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

you can check this.. 

http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/15574/how-do-i-clear-cached-credentials-from-my-windows-profile

Kottees : My Blog : Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:03 AM
  • well, thank you for your reply!

i know about stored credentials, just thought there might be another place you're implying like somewhere where its related to exchange.

anyway i did check and made sure there's no obsolete credentials in there.

everything else is fine also! and i dont think installing SP3 is what im looking for, i mean it was working fine so something must have happened so this is happening!

Aabed - If a reply helps you Vote As Helpful, if a reply solves your problem don't forget to Mark As Answer.

Friday, April 12, 2013 6:41 AM