Sharepoint and Softgrid RRS feed

• Question

• When a Word document is checked out to virutalised Softgrid Word 2007 the file opens, edits, saves and says its checked in fine. However Sharepoint then still thinks the document is checked out.

This happens between a 'real' IE 6 install and a Virtual Word 2007. It works fine with a virtual IE6 and virtual Word 2007. Its also intermittent across systems.

I`ve looked at the other forum suggestions and they don`t seem relevant.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 1:52 PM

Answers

• Agree with Tim, there are integration issues when you virtualized Microsoft Office. I would advice to natively install your general Office version and only virtualize Office versions that are different.
    That way the main stream of your users can work with Office locally installed and only the applications that require older (or newer) versions will use the virtual ones.
    Ment van der Plas
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, October 30, 2009 5:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:08 PM
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Check over on SoftGridGuru.com also for ideas.  I have never been happy with a virtualized office/sharepoint integration, but several people have posted with success.
    Monday, October 5, 2009 10:26 PM
  • Agree with Tim, there are integration issues when you virtualized Microsoft Office. I would advice to natively install your general Office version and only virtualize Office versions that are different.
    That way the main stream of your users can work with Office locally installed and only the applications that require older (or newer) versions will use the virtual ones.
    Ment van der Plas
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, October 30, 2009 5:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:08 PM
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:52 PM
    Answerer