none
Delete User from Project Server 2010 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• scenario: When I try to delete a user (who has not be setup to be assigned as a resource) I get a message/s that state the following:

User X: The resource is owner of project "XYZ" and cannot be deleted
    User X: The resource is the default assignment owner for ResourceA and cannot be deleted
    User X: The resource is the assignment owner for ResourceA and cannot be deleted
    User X: 
    The resource is the Default TimeSheet Manager for ResourceA and cannot be deleted

Now I have tested in my dev environment a query that will change all this information; however, this direct query 1) is not supported by MS (2) leaves me wondering if there are other fields which need to be modified.

From what I can tell - The standard way to get these items change would be to be a good admin and change these all manually. The problem with this is (a) Takes too much time (b) we have users who have over 1000 items (c) if this happens with more and more users - I'll ONLY be doing manual changes. (d) I can make changes to Published data only NOT draft (which is the biggest issue)

Question:  Is there an easier way to either remove a user or remove and reassign resources in bulk, without using the query?

I have 5 users who are inactive currently and they make up about 3-4000 items which need to be modified.  What if any options are available to me?

I can post the query if others are interested....

Monday, October 6, 2014 3:12 PM

All replies

• Any ideas on how to delete a user without changing their login (reference below)

http://projeqz.freshdesk.com/support/articles/169501-clearing-unprocessed-timesheets-for-an-inactive-user-in-project-server

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:27 PM