Server 2012 R2 WSUS client Web Service is not working RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to find an answer to this question. I reloaded the OS, installed Windows Updates until there were no more. Then I added the role of WSUS. After running the post install configuration of WSUS I edited the web.config file according to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3159706

I removed and deleted all my Windows Update GPOs last week. I created a new GPO linked to one OU with one computer in it. 

Monday, August 29, 2016 11:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Northbayteky,

Do you enable SSL for the WSUS server? If not, we do not need to modify the web.config file.

Besides, do you get any error message about the issue, try to provide more information about the error.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Northbayteky Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Thanks for your response Anne. No, I don't have SSL enabled. I was under the impression that the web.config file needed to be edited regardless of connection type. This is good to know. 

I am not getting any other errors. And since I've replaced the web.config with the original, unedited version, I haven't gotten another error message about Client web services not working.

It has taken a little bit of finessing, but the one computer I have in test OU has just reported to the WSUS console. So my day looking up.  Thank you :-)

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Northbayteky,

Do you enable SSL for the WSUS server? If not, we do not need to modify the web.config file.

Besides, do you get any error message about the issue, try to provide more information about the error.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Northbayteky Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Thanks for your response Anne. No, I don't have SSL enabled. I was under the impression that the web.config file needed to be edited regardless of connection type. This is good to know. 

I am not getting any other errors. And since I've replaced the web.config with the original, unedited version, I haven't gotten another error message about Client web services not working.

It has taken a little bit of finessing, but the one computer I have in test OU has just reported to the WSUS console. So my day looking up.  Thank you :-)

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:04 PM
  • Hi Nothbayteky,

Glad to hear it works.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:01 AM