none
Change password using web portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have been using Forefront identity manager for self-service password reset but now seeking your support to allow users to change their password by providing their current password without any security questions or code.

I am interested to use forefront identity manager but if there is any other way to allow users to change their password then I will also look into that. I have also looked into the third party tools but they are quite expensive if you have more users.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
    NAV

Sarwar

Monday, November 12, 2018 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

while you can of course build some custom attributes, RCDCs and Workflows in MIM that sets the password in AD by for example a PowerShell workflow I would not recommend that.

I did a somehow similar thing, letting Helpdesk direktly reset users password in MIM, but the bad thing is that all the PWs are stored in the request history in clear text, so you need to remove the entries after the process completes for security reasons.

First of all, what about the Windows integrated password change dialog ?

If you are using Azure AD (or planning it) you can leverage AAD PW change using AADConnect Password-Writeback (sadly requiring P1 license).

A free option might be to implement an ADFS Server, which also has an PW Change Page that can be activated.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/samueld/2015/05/13/adfs-2012-r2-now-supports-password-change-not-reset-across-all-devices/

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Leo Erlandsson Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:23 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:23 AM