Site Dial Plan was messed up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! 

Last weekend we had an activity and the main goal is to simulate a downtime for one of our sites. The purpose of this activity is to test the failover routing to another site to keep the calls working.

When I was reviewing the change plan, it was stated that the normalization rules of Site A must be replicated to Site B. 

However, when I was doing it via Lync Control Panel > Voice Routing > Dial Plan

I mistakenly clicked Select button and press CTRL+A on the keyboard, thinking that I would copy them and paste it on the other Dial Plan. I just realized that I just imported all the rules from all sites to Site A dial plan. CRAP!!!

What can I do to revert it? Site A dial plan has 570 rules now! and it only had 15 rules before the change.

Help me with this mess guys.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael!

Do you backup the Site A dial plan before?

We recommend you try to check if you have the dial plan backup file in your device before you modify these dial plans. If you have the dial plan backup files, then you can import all dial plans to your Standard Edition Server by running:

import-clixml –path d:\Backup\Dialplan.xml | set-csDialplan

For more details about backup dial plans in Lync, you can learn from:

https://uchub.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/lync-backup-instructions-complete-full/

https://uc.lawedo.net/2014/01/restoring-based-on-lync-2013-backup_25.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:22 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 24, 2020 9:44 AM
  • This can be closed.

We had a change for this policies and reverted the rules.

We were just so lucky that the original rules for the affected dial plan stayed at the very top and it made it easier for us to distinguish the rules that we must keep.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:25 AM