none
Resource Availability together with Details in Same Pivot RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Forum,

I"m trying to produce an Excel dashboard style report based on a Visual Report in Project 2010 Professional (standalone, not connected to Project Server).

The end result I am looking for is a stacked chart with each column showing the tasks scheduled for that week and the chart is filtered by resource. I am able to produce all of this but miss one field in the pivot table data: Work Availability.

The Visual Report I have found that produce all I need except for the Work Availability field, is the Baseline Work report. However, when I try to Edit this in Project 2010 to add the Work Availability firld, this field is not available. I tried looking for the right Dimension to add it from (Resources?) but this is not visible either.

Any and all help on this would be very much appreciated!

Kindet Regards

Lee

Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hello Lee,

I'm not sure, but as far as I know there is no direct way to get these values together in 2010. This is because "work available" is a resource entity, and "task name" is a task entity. 

With the powerpivot add-in for excel you might have a chance to add relationships between the two entities. But I don't think it will get you the desired report.

You can however build this chart using a resource availability cube, maybe that will help you along:

Resource availability chart

Monday, April 15, 2013 7:21 AM