none
Administrator Auto Login issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hopefully this will be a simple fix, but so far I cant figure out why MDT is doing this. When I image a computer, it will do everything correct, but in the automation when it tries to auto login to the administrator account to finish the tasksequence, it tells me that .\administrator password is incorrect. I  click cancel, input the password (yes I have verified that it is correct in the unattend.xml), and then it works but not accepting when automating the process.

<AutoLogon>

<Enabled>true</Enabled>

<UserName>Administrator</Username>

<Password>

<value>(my password) </value>

<plainText>false</PlainText>

<logoncount>999</Logoncount>

</password>

</autologon>

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:57 PM

All replies

• Do you have domain policy that does something to .\Administrator?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:07 PM
  • No, there is nothing of that sort.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:03 PM
  • Hi,

Could you try to edit the unattend.xml from within MDT, by opening your task sequence pane. Go to the "OS Info" tab, and click: "Edit unattend.xml" this will open up Windows System Image Manager.

Then reenter the desired password on the following two locations in your unattend.xml

1. oobesystem\amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup_neutral\Autologon\Password

2. oobesystem\amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup_neutral\UserAccounts\AdministratorPassword

Then save the answer file and perform a redeployment. Perhaps the password has been changed prior by just editting the unattend.xml with notepad and often people are not aware it's present on two locations in the XML file.

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click &quot;Mark for answer&quot;, thanks! Kind regards

Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:56 PM
  • I am curious of the BDD.log has anything to say about failing to update the unattend.xml. Can you post your logs to something like OneDrive?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:40 PM
  • Your unattend.xml snippet above is bad. </autologon> should be </AutoLogon> for *STARTERS*

Please create a new task sequence, do not modify the unattend.xml file, and try deployment again.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Monday, April 6, 2015 6:16 PM