none
IE 11 tab Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I my application, when click on link it opens a url using navigateToURl("someurl", somefixedCustomname).  In IE8 and 9 its opens either in new window or tab(depends on tab settings), when click the link again for two or three times its reloads the page in same window or tab, which is as expected(according to call made above), but in IE 11 , on first click its opens a new window or tab(depends of tab settings), on second click its opens another new window or tab(which is not expected), and on third click onwards it reloads the second window or tab.  how to control this behaviour, I want only one window or tab to be opened for the same, it should reload the content on the same window or tab on every other click. Kindly respond . I am stuck with this issue and couldn't find a solution.

• Edited by vvjoy Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:00 PM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hi vvjoy,

I want to confirm that did the issue only occur on IE11? How about other browsers such as Chrome or Firefox?

We could try the following option, Internet Options\General\Tabs, set as below:

Best Regards,

Tao

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Hi Tao,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried with those settings as well, it didn't work, It works  as expected in chrome (i.e , it opens only one tab). Also after some research I found, in some machines even IE11 is working as expected, but in some machines its not(both windows 7 and windows 8.1 I tried).   The current version of IE in my machine is 11.0.9600.18314(didn't work) and the machine in which in which it worked has version as  11.09633.18230 (all has windows 7) . I am not sure it is related or not.

Note 1: All those working machines are outside of my office network. Is that some thing related to network ?? I  dont have any idea now...

Note 2: The other machine which didn't work(outside my office network) also have the same version number as mine 11.0.9600.18314, could it be the cause??

Kindly suggest some solution.

• Edited by vvjoy Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:30 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

We haven't heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:22 AM
  • Hi, 

The issue is not solved yet. In previous reply I mentioned my findings on this issue.

adding to that, I also find the following link "https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/797964/ie11-win-8-1-window-open-with-the-same-name-is-opening-new-popup-window"

which is also almost same as the problem I am facing, but even in windows 7  it's not working. 

Is that this particular version of IE has problem ?? Any help on this is much appreciated. If any information further needed about this bug, Please post it, I will reply.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:04 AM
  • Hi, 

The issue is not solved yet. In previous reply I mentioned my findings on this issue.

adding to that, I also find the following link "https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/797964/ie11-win-8-1-window-open-with-the-same-name-is-opening-new-popup-window"

which is also almost same as the problem I am facing, but even in windows 7  it's not working. 

Is that this particular version of IE has problem ?? Any help on this is much appreciated. If any information further needed about this bug, Please post it, I will reply.

can any one help/suggest me on this issue? 
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Hi Vijoy,

Me too facing the same issue. Did you get any solution.

Tired with different IE setting but it doesn't worked out.

Regards,

Namith 

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Hi Namith,

I didn't find any solution yet, as mentioned above please find the link below"https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/797964/ie11-win-8-1-window-open-with-the-same-name-is-opening-new-popup-window" 

Thanks,

• Edited by vvjoy Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:07 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:50 AM