MMC could not create the Snap-in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

My windows 7 PC was suddenly restarted.
    After restarted i have checked the event log to figure out what was the issue.
    But i could not open the event viewer.
    MMC could not create the Snap-in The Snap-in might not have been installed correctly.

Kind Regards,
    Arun

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Arun,

For the error message you received, please navigate to the following registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ MMC \ SnapIns \ FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-BE05-7a4cbb7cb510}

Then on the right side, check the RuntimeVersion, if its version number is v2.0.40607, change it to v2.0.50727.

See if the Event Viewer would work;

The next way (If changing the RuntimeVersion not work here ) is to export the above registry, then delete it.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:07 AM

All replies

• hello Arun,

better to go ahead with system restore when it was working fin. it may helpful you

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:36 AM
  • Hi,

Any specific symptom we have encountered like Blue screen when the suddenly restart occurred?

Please take a look at the following folder Windows%SystemRoot%\Minidump, check if there are any dump files saved there. If any, please upload it(them) into OneDrive and then post the shared link here.

For the error "MMC could not create the Snap-in The Snap-in might not have been installed correctly. "Here is a similar thread for reference:

MMC could not create the snap-in Event Viewer

Please take a try with the methods suggested by the folks in the above thread and see if it could be solved.

Best regards

Michael Shao

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:13 AM
  • hi arunkumarj

could you provide more details about this issue , is there anything another issue occurred on your computer.

regards

jacky

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:32 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Its strange, There is no MiniDump folder in that PC.
    I have got a new CLSID while opening Event viewer, where i could not find this anywhere in the forums.

Kind Regards,
    Arun

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:48 PM
  • Hi Hari,

There is some important applications installed in this.
    I cant go with system restore.

Kind Regards,
    Arun

• Edited by ArunKumarJ Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:49 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:49 PM
  • Hi Arun,

For the error message you received, please navigate to the following registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ MMC \ SnapIns \ FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-BE05-7a4cbb7cb510}

Then on the right side, check the RuntimeVersion, if its version number is v2.0.40607, change it to v2.0.50727.

See if the Event Viewer would work;

The next way (If changing the RuntimeVersion not work here ) is to export the above registry, then delete it.

Best regards

Michael Shao

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:07 AM