Outlook Application - Category gone (Mac) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear team,

We have encountered an issue: 
    We have got a colleague recently using Mac but I found my categories in Outlook are gone...
    There should be more than 30 categories but now I can only see 2.

We have reset the user profile but it does not work.

Could you please advise?

Thanks.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:28 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It’s a known issue and the only FIX is that you  have  to remove the Office 365 account form Outlook for Mac and re-add it again. But the error may occur again.

There is a user voice on this problem and I would request you to vote for it

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/19430161-outlook-for-mac-categories-missing

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, January 21, 2019 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3:15 AM
  • Hi Cin Kwok,

I’m wondering if the reply above is helpful to you. If the information is useful to you, it's recommended to mark it as answer which will help other users to easily find useful reply here.

As far as I know, starting in Outlook for Mac Build 16.20, categories have been removed in the Sidebar for individual calendars. Categories will now only show on each appointment or meeting in the calendar grid.

Reference: Categories no longer appear in the sidebar of individual calendars in Outlook for Mac

If I've misunderstood anything, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:27 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hi Cin Kwok,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

It's recommended to mark useful reply as the answer so that your solution will benefit other community members who may encounter a similar issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 18, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Can you please post the contents of the link above (https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/19430161-outlook-for-mac-categories-missing)? it is no longer accessible and I know it contains a working solution.

Thank you!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:43 PM