How do you update management pack :"WS-Management Library" - or add Unix MPs? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using SCOM 2007 R2 cumulative update 3.

I can't seem to install the unix.core MP's, or other unix/linux monitoring MP's.  When I select them from the catalog the import fails with the msg that the "WS-Management Library" mp is 6.1.7221.0, but should be 6.1.7221.30.  I don't see 6.1.7221.30 available anywhere in the catalog, and it was included with the install.

Is there something I'm missing?  A patch or step to get these MP's updated so I can install the Unix monitoring MP's?

Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:18 PM

Answers

• There's a step in the KB article for the base level CU3 (KB#2251525) about importing the provided Management Packs.  Here's the text:

Importing the provided Management Packs

The management packs supplied in the ManagementPacks folder must be imported manually by using the Import Management Packs Wizard by using the Operations Manager console. The Windows Installer packages that are released for each localized version of Operations Manager contain the appropriate localized version of the management pack. For example, the following file contains the localized version of the management pack for the Japanese localized version of Operations Manager:

SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-R2CU3-KB2251525-X86-X64-IA64-JPN.MSI

The updated management packs are located in the ManagementPacks folder of the package installation.

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.DatawareHouse.Report.Library.mp
    • Microsoft.SystemCenter.WebApplication.Library.mp
    • Microsoft.SystemCenter.WSManagement.Library.mp

Importing the above Management Packs should get you to the .30 level that the Linux/UNIX related MPs depend upon.

Michael Kelley, Lead Program Manager, System Center Cross Platform
    • Marked as answer by module0000 Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:53 PM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:31 PM

All replies

• There's a step in the KB article for the base level CU3 (KB#2251525) about importing the provided Management Packs.  Here's the text:

Importing the provided Management Packs

The management packs supplied in the ManagementPacks folder must be imported manually by using the Import Management Packs Wizard by using the Operations Manager console. The Windows Installer packages that are released for each localized version of Operations Manager contain the appropriate localized version of the management pack. For example, the following file contains the localized version of the management pack for the Japanese localized version of Operations Manager:

SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-R2CU3-KB2251525-X86-X64-IA64-JPN.MSI

The updated management packs are located in the ManagementPacks folder of the package installation.

• Microsoft.SystemCenter.DatawareHouse.Report.Library.mp
    • Microsoft.SystemCenter.WebApplication.Library.mp
    • Microsoft.SystemCenter.WSManagement.Library.mp

Importing the above Management Packs should get you to the .30 level that the Linux/UNIX related MPs depend upon.

Michael Kelley, Lead Program Manager, System Center Cross Platform
    • Marked as answer by module0000 Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:53 PM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:31 PM
  • Thanks Michael!  Your answer hit the spot - I feel foolish for not reading all of the docs before proceeding..so I guess I got what I deserve?

Thanks again for the quick answer!

Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:53 PM
  • I'm having the same issue first reported in this thread.  I've read the response from Michael like 10 times and I still don't understand how I should proceed.  His answer references a Japanese local copy of an install.  Where can I find the US version of that install?  I've tried to find the .mp files to import them, but I can't find them and I'm not sure where else to look. 

Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:12 PM
  • I'm having the same issue first reported in this thread.  I've read the response from Michael like 10 times and I still don't understand how I should proceed.  His answer references a Japanese local copy of an install.  Where can I find the US version of that install?  I've tried to find the .mp files to import them, but I can't find them and I'm not sure where else to look. 

CU3 page - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2251525 

Download CU3 @ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9f1e1154-52ae-42df-aeea-b3ee83247e6a

Similar to CU4 once you extract install the CU3 hotfix open the folder and look for the MP folder  they should be in there.

Friday, May 13, 2011 2:16 PM