ReportBuilder default save location RRS feed

• Question

• We have a custom website that uses forms authentication and when our clients uses ReportBuilder and try to save their reports the default location is "Models". What can I do to change the default location to "My Reports"?

I have seen others ask the same question but no answers except in the case of calling ReportBuilder in sharepoint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-JW

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:40 PM

All replies

• Does anyone know if you can set a default save location for ReportBuilder?

-JW

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:08 PM
  • I don't believe there is any way to do this currently except for SharePoint as indicated in other posts.

Friday, September 19, 2008 2:57 AM
  • After seeking a more elegant solution, I decided to replace the folder 'ReportBuilder' in '\ Reporting Services \ ReportServer' by my old folder 'ReportBuilder' before installing SP2

At least, it works as I want ...

Hopefully this will help
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:22 AM
  • In RB 2.0 the default is the Report Server and you can save it to another location using SAVE AS.
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:53 PM
    Answerer
  • sarriez, what you are suggesting is to replace Report Builder SP2 with the pre-SP2 version while leaving the rest of Reporting Services at SP2.  This is not a supported scenario and is not recommended.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:28 AM
  • Aaron, I agree with you that is not the best scenario possible, and perhaps not the best solution, and even that is not recommended, but with this change, what is done is to use only the previous Report Builder interface without SP2.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 7:31 AM
  • Within Report Builder, is there a way to change the default save location to "my Reports"? 
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:33 PM