none
Windows 10 Image

Question

• I have been tasked with creating Windows 10 image for my enterprise which has 50000 machines.
    I am going through the documentation before starting the Work, there are 600 machines critical to business and cant have Current Branch or Current Branch for Business.
    If I decide to to go ahead with LTSB for these 600
    Do I need to create two images? One for LTSB and other for normal PCs because it seems we have two media for Windows 10?
    Monday, April 10, 2017 9:00 AM

Answers

• Yes, you need.

LTSB is much different than CB or CBB, which is not intended for deployment on most or all the PCs in an organization; it should be used only for special-purpose devices. As a general guideline, a PC with Microsoft Office installed is a general-purpose device, typically used by an information worker, and therefore it is better suited for the CB or CBB servicing branch.

Microsoft never publishes feature updates through Windows Update on devices that run Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. Instead, it typically offers new LTSB releases every 2–3 years, and organizations can choose to install them as in-place upgrades or even skip releases over a 10-year life cycle.

Only Windows 10 Enterprise edition has LTSB version.

In your scenario, there are 600 machines critical to business, which need a stable and succinct system, LTSB is most proper.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by 3M3M3M Wednesday, April 12, 2017 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 2:00 AM