SfB Mobile Client at OnPrem Server - remove or check the mobile phone number associate with it RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

In an on-prem Skype for Business Server 2015 CU6 environment...

I know that when user install the Android/iOS mobile client he will be asked to input their mobile phone number, and when they login the mobile sfb client, the server will call his app when there is an incoming call. And when their app is offline the server will call their mobile number.

Now question is, when they don't want to use the mobile client, how can we remove this phone number from the user?

Or how can a user change this number without need to reinstall the mobile client again?

I also found that the mobile phone number at the desktop client seems not sync with the mobile client app's "mobile number"...

Best Regards,

Vincent

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

If you want to change this number ,you could open the SFB mobile app,click the settings,then click the phone number ,change the number like the following screenshot.

This number will not sync to AD, so desktop client not sync with the mobile client app's "mobile number" ,SFB need this number for an enterprise voice customer and Skype for Business can't use a Wi-Fi or cellular data network to make an audio or video call, you'll be called at this number and connected to the audio portion of the call.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 6, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Dear Leon,

Thanks however I cannot change the number in this screen.

I can add a new number, select it. However it still display my old number as my mobile number.

Moreover, I cannot remove a number once I added in this screen.

My client version is: 6.22.0.30 Android

Saturday, November 10, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Hello Vincent,

The Android Skype for Business client work in a way that it will automatically detect SIM inserted (Most active in Dual SIM phone) and populate it in the Skype for Business client. But you have a option to insert a new number if you wish by "Adding new number".

If your Android device still have that old SIM inserted, i would suggest you to follow the below steps,

1. Disable both the SIM cards under [Settings > Network & Internet > SIM Cards ]
    2. Now go to Skype for Business client and you will see only a new number where it can be editable (ensure the Wi-Fi is ON during this time)
    3. GO back to [Settings > Network & Internet > SIM Cards ] and fist enable the SIM card which you want to be populated in SFB client and enable the other SIM card.
    4. Switch ON the data service for the SIM you want use and go to SFB client you will be able to see the Number you want to populate..

Revert back if any queries..

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:31 PM