none
AGPM Tool Still Valid? RRS feed

• Question

• I was looking for help cleaning up my GPs. After a discussion with a veteran in this area he mentioned MDOP/AGPM.

After some digging I was able to find some information but nothing that flat out answered my questions.

I found that MDOP/AGPM is still for sale but no where was I able to find out exactly what it can do. And the majority of the discussions I was able to find seemed to be from years ago and they covered Windows 7. Some discussions even mentioned an eval of Technet/MSDN was available to try this AGPM out.

After much work I was able to talk to someone at VisualStudio sales. He was unable to answer my technical questions so he sent me over to support. But support wouldn't help me unless I paid for a support case. They referred me here to the technet forum.

So my questions:

1. Is AGPM still a valid and current tool for managing GPs in a Windows 10/Server 2016 AD environment?

2. I was told that AGPM will compare GPs and inform me which rules are duplicates, invalid or superseded.

3. Is there a more current tool that works the same or better?

Thank you.

absolutezero273c

Friday, April 5, 2019 5:35 PM