Nothing works RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a new HP and cant seem to get anything to work. It goes online OK and games, but that's about all.  I have no word processor use (I cant get into the MS Office or get a key to work, I cut and past the key and it says not a good key. ) I transfered all my Docs from my old PC and they will open to look but I cant print or make changes.  I tried to print pictures and it wont work, tries to fax the picture.  There was a printer driver installed but I dont have that printer. I installed my printer and the picture program that was in the HP will not pick it up. Although I can now print my DOCS but I cant make new ones or edit old ones .    Help Please!!!!
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1 About office problem, does the issue only occurs with Microsoft Office? What is the version of Window 7 and Office? Please try to login with Clean Boot or Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs. Also reinstall office on your PC.

2 About your printer problem, you should check the printer and driver is compatible with Windows 7 or not, you can check it on Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Furthermore, you can ask HP for further check or restore factory settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:44 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 7:38 AM