Problems with backup for Windows 7 U RRS feed

• Question

• When backup is complete I get a message that the system has been restored to an earlier date.

This also happend if I initiated backup manually.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hi

I have solved the problem!

My back up drive had 135 GB of free space which was apparently considered insufficient for some reason. So I made more space available. 

David

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:04 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

System event notification service is responsible for notifying the system events that takes place on your computer. I would suggest you to restart the service and then check if it works.

Step 1: Restart the System Event Notification Service

a.    Click on Start; in the start search type Services.msc and Hit Enter.

b.    Select System Event Notification Service and press stop.

c.    Restart the System Event Notification Service.

d.    Restart the computer

Step 2: Choose a different restore point

You can try choosing a different restore point and then test the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/System-Restore-frequently-asked-questions

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:28 AM
  • Juke

Thanks for the suggestion. However, it has not solved the problem.

When I do a backup I still get the message

!CHECK BACKUP SETTINGS

Your computer has been restored to an earlier point in time, As a result, your backup setting might be out of date."

My backup settings appear to be in order.

David

Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Hi

I have solved the problem!

My back up drive had 135 GB of free space which was apparently considered insufficient for some reason. So I made more space available. 

David

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:04 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 1:04 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that you found out the cause. I will mark your reply as "answered".

Have a good day.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:03 AM