Edge Servers not discovered by SCOM SfB Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I am working on SCOM since last years approx. and i have a requirement to setup SFB monitoring from SCOM and did that vai importing MP but got some issues like :-

• Edge Servers not discovered by SCOM 
    • Pool is not created for another country location. 

So i have got this blog Blog but don't know an ideal way which steps should be doing from SFB team and which from SCOM team. I know MP import is our only :O

and i have one more question how i decide to use one server as a watcher node..... which server i use for it, ,can i use any one. 

Please go through my thread in scom My thread which i have open 2 hour earlier of this. you will get some crystal clear information.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Gourav (Please do take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) or find my Facebook and LinkedIn link in profile.

• Edited by GouravIN Monday, February 26, 2018 11:25 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 11:23 AM

Answers

• Hi GouravIN,

But don't know an ideal way which steps should be doing from SFB team and which from SCOM team. I know MP import is our only.

I suggest you that SFB teams and SCOM teams deploy it together.

If you deploy a pool,it contians several servers,based on my research, pool that contians serveral servers work together to provide services for a common group of users, that is hard to say which server you will use it ,because all servers that you will use it.

You could not find the Edge server in SCOM,I find a similar link you could refer to it.

http://flinchbot.com/ucnow/index.php/2015/12/10/skype-for-business-2015-edge-servers-not-discovered-by-scom-sfb-management-pack/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi GouravIN,

But don't know an ideal way which steps should be doing from SFB team and which from SCOM team. I know MP import is our only.

I suggest you that SFB teams and SCOM teams deploy it together.

If you deploy a pool,it contians several servers,based on my research, pool that contians serveral servers work together to provide services for a common group of users, that is hard to say which server you will use it ,because all servers that you will use it.

You could not find the Edge server in SCOM,I find a similar link you could refer to it.

http://flinchbot.com/ucnow/index.php/2015/12/10/skype-for-business-2015-edge-servers-not-discovered-by-scom-sfb-management-pack/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:11 AM
  • Hello Sir,

Thanks for writing here! The blog you have provided that i have already did and got to know there is no pool created for second location that i will do. 

My last concern is what is general difference between "Enterprise Edition Front End Machine Machine and Edge Server Machine Machine".

Thanks in advance for your response!

Cheers, Gourav (Please do take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) or find my Facebook and LinkedIn link in profile.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Hi GouravIN,

Do you want to know the difference between Front end server and edge server?

If so , for AD architecture, front end server join the domain ,but the edge server in DMZ ,edge server join in the workgroup.

For function, The Front End Server includes the following:

• User authentication and registration
    • Presence information and contact card exchange
    • Address book services and distribution list expansion
    • IM functionality, including multiparty IM conferences
    • Web conferencing, PSTN Dial-in conferencing and A/V conferencing (if deployed)
    • Application hosting, for both applications included with Lync Server (for example, Conferencing Attendant and Response Group application), and third-party applications
    • Optionally, Monitoring, to collect usage information in the form of call detail records (CDRs) and call error records (CERs). This information provides metrics about the quality of the media (audio and video) traversing your network for both Enterprise Voice calls and A/V conferences.
    • Web components to supported web-based tasks such as web scheduler and join launcher.
    • Optionally, Archiving, to archive IM communications and meeting content for compliance reasons. For details
    • Optionally, if Persistent chat is enabled, Persistent Chat Web Services for Chat Room Management and Persistent Chat Web Services for File Upload/Download.

The edge server include the following : if you want to let external users (Not logged into your organizations internal network) to be able to interact with internal users. These external users could be,

• Authenticated remote users
    • Anonymous remote users
    • Federated users (from different organizations)
    • Mobile clients

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, March 1, 2018 10:21 AM
  • Thanks Sir, for all the information here its more then enough to understand whole SFB. 

Really Appreciate your help here! 

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Friday, March 2, 2018 6:21 AM
  • you are welcome

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Sunday, March 4, 2018 11:04 AM
  • Sir, 

There is a short question i have i am following this link to configure watcher node for SFB Monitoring Skype for Business Server 2015 with SCOM 2012 R2 / SCOM 2016 (Watcher Node) and when i am at the step to configure it i got one concern in my mind ... he has used the below command to configure this and he have only two users in SFB control panel and he has taken both but there are lots of users in my control panel and as well as more than one pool for SFB. How do i configure one watcher node for all users and pools.... please suggest on it i am giving the screenshot of my SFB control panel as well please let me know what i should be the best step :) 

>>>>New-CsWatcherNodeConfiguration -TargetFqdn “FrontEndFQDN” -PortNumber 5061 -TestUsers @{Add= “sip:Testuser1@domain.com“,” sip:Testuser2@domain.com“}<<<<

Screenshot of MY SFB control panel:-

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Friday, March 23, 2018 4:10 AM