can't set monitor to native resolution ( widescreen, 1680x1050 ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    after installing win7 i can't seem to set my monitor to native resolution 1680x1050, i can set resolution up to 1600x1200 only.
    Tried to set custom resolution through nvidia control panel, checked to show non-supported resolutions and "forced" the 1680x1050
    but it did not change a bit.
    monitor's drivers are installed, all is in place and it should be working...
    Hope somone could give me a pointer what am i missing here.

specs:
    monitor: HP w2007v 20" widescreen, native resolution 1680x1050
    graph card: ASUS Gforce 8800 GTS 640
    mainboard: ASUS P5K
    cpu: Intel E6850
    using nvidia beta drivers: 181.22 for vista 64-bit
    Monday, January 19, 2009 12:31 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

From NVIDIA’s site, I found the following:

NVIDIA Graphics Supercharge Microsoft Windows 7

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

I also noticed that you installed the NVIDIA for Windows Vista 64-bit driver in Windows 7, it may cause issues. Therefore, please remove the current Windows Vista driver and run Windows Update to let Windows 7 choose and apply the proper driver automatically to see if it helps.

Please note that here is Windows Vista Forum. To better address this issue, I would like to suggest that you post it in our Windows 7 related forums:

Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility

Hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Thanks

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:44 AM