Reporting services report in Dashboard designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,
    I have created a new report in PPS Dashboard designer and pointed it to an existing CRM Report on the report server . When I try to run the report it asked for credentials,after the credentials being entered ,returns me an error saying as mentioned below.

Report server is in native mode not Sharepoint Integrated mode

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    Cannot create a connection to data source 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
    Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

Can somebody help me resolve the issue.

Thx in Advance
    Monday, March 1, 2010 12:22 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I have seen the login prompt appear if 'Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuraiton' is turned on.  This can be found on each server in Server Manager under Features - Security Information.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:07 PM
  • Is the site setup as a Trusted Site in your IE security settings?

Are you using Kerberos at all for this? Assuming you are not using Kerberos, the thing that you will most likely need to do is modify the Report Server configuration file. Either comment out or remove RSWindowsNegotiate and leave RSWindowsNTLM in the file rsreportserver.config located in the ReportServer folder on the server in the Authentication section. This should resolve your issue you are seeing.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, March 4, 2011 11:39 AM

All replies

• How did you setup the SQL Server Report in Dashboard Designer?  Did you select the 'Report Center' mode?  I know it is confusing, but that is the mode you would select if you currently are using SSRS in Native mode.

Just wanted to verify that this is the server mode that you have selected.  Once you do that then specify the Report Server URL and you will be able to browse for the report that you want to reference.

Just be aware of this issue, but it was resolved in SP3 for PPS 2007 - PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer ‘Unable to connect to server’ with SSRS 2008
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, March 1, 2010 8:22 PM
  • hi Dan,

Thx for the response.

Yes the server mode is report center and not  sharepoint integrated. Do I have to set any permissions?.Can you please guide me through.

I am  trying to access reports in CRM  with a shared data source of

/CRM_MSCRM/4.0/MSCRM_DataSource

The error is

"Execution 'qvp0j155oeiq4k550bevpg45' cannot be found (rsExecutionNotFound)"

Thx in Advance
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:05 AM
  • For CRM is everything installed on a single server?  You might need to configure Kerberos for a double hop.  Guess I am not sure how the shared data source is configured.

I would look at the SSRS Log Files to see if you can get some additional details behind the error message that you are getting.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:44 PM
  • I think I have a similar problem. Reporting Services in my case work in SharePoint Integrated mode and during rs report creation in Dashboard Designer I am choosing SharePoint Integrated mode however when I am deploying it on SharePoint it asks my users for authentication. I did several tests even with empty rs report so it is not a problem with shared datasource permissions. The interesting thing is that it works for me but doesn't work for users. I tried to add users to SharePoint owners group, Site Administrators and even adding users to Farm Admisnitrators group doesn't help, so at the moment I have no idea where this pop-up may come from.

My users however are able to launch the same rs report directly on SharePoint without any problems using Reporting Services Web Part so the problem doesn't lay in rs report permissions. When I tried to add Performance Point Report WebPart the situation is the same, it asks for authentication. Also one thing worth mentioning that this problem only is about reporting services as my users are able to launch any other Dashboard Designer content without any pop-ups in ex. scorecards etc.. I have everything installed on a single machine (Server 2008 R2, SQL 2008 R2, SharePoint 2010)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

One thing you might want to try is to make sure your Sharepoint site is set to Windows Integrated mode. Make sure you have added your site to Local intranet. Also in the internet option under security and under local intranet you might need to enable automatic logon with the current username and password in the authentication settings.

HTH,

Ram

Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:49 PM
  • My problem may be related.... I am trying to put a reporting services report onto the dashboard through dashboard designer... I am using sharepoint integrated mode. When I click Reporting Services under the Create menu tab in dashboard designer, I come to the config screen. I select SharePoint Integrated for my server mode, and I put the following in the other fields:

Report Server URL: http://da1stapp101/reportserver

Report URL: http://da1stapp101/KM/Report%20Library/DB%20-%2003.rdl

However, when I hit the preview button, I get presented with a login screen. The report exsts in the report library and I can run it straight from there, but I want to present as part of the dashboard page so it runs automatically with certain parameters and looks like part of the dashboard.... Any ideas of why I am getting login screen and it is not getting past that?

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:33 PM
  • Hello,

I have seen the login prompt appear if 'Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuraiton' is turned on.  This can be found on each server in Server Manager under Features - Security Information.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:07 PM
  • Is the site setup as a Trusted Site in your IE security settings?

Are you using Kerberos at all for this? Assuming you are not using Kerberos, the thing that you will most likely need to do is modify the Report Server configuration file. Either comment out or remove RSWindowsNegotiate and leave RSWindowsNTLM in the file rsreportserver.config located in the ReportServer folder on the server in the Authentication section. This should resolve your issue you are seeing.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, March 4, 2011 11:39 AM
  • I have configured SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services in Native Integrated mode and during rs report creation in Dashboard Designer I am choosing Native Integrated mode however when I am deploying it on SharePoint it asks my users for authentication. I did several tests even with empty rs report so it is not a problem with shared datasource permissions. The interesting thing is that it works for me but doesn't work for users. I tried to add users to SharePoint owners group, Site Administrators and even adding users to Farm Admisnitrators group doesn't help, so at the moment I have no idea where this pop-up may come from.

My users however are able to launch the same SQL Server 2005 rs report directly on SharePoint without any problems using Reporting Services Web Part so the problem doesn't lay in rs report permissions. When I tried to add Performance Point Report WebPart the situation is the same, it asks for authentication. Also one thing worth mentioning that this problem only is about reporting services as my users are able to launch any other Dashboard Designer content without any pop-ups in ex. scorecards etc..

I have installed
    SharePoint 2010 on one Server and configured Kerberos Authentication.
    SharePoint Database on one Server
    SSRS 2005 Reporting Services on One Server

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Meera

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:50 PM