Windows Media Player Help RRS feed

• Question

• Alright, so lately I have been recording some videos to edit and watch because I have been quite bored.
    But, I've observed a blatant problem.
    Whenever I try and play the videos I have recorded they play very SLOW.

I mean so slow, that you cannot understand what I'm saying.
    I don't know if I need a codec but I am in need of some assistance.

By the way, sometimes when I play the videos they work perfectly fine for about 5 seconds or so and then it returns to playing slow.

This might be in the wrong forum, but I need some help!

Please help.

xox.  

Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to know if you have tried other Media Player. Does the issue occur on every video?

I suggest updating video card driver and graphic card driver from manufacture's site. If you would like to, you can install Windows 7 codec for testing.

http://www.windows7codecs.com/

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue doesn't occur in other media Player, please reinstall Windows Media Player.

1. Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".

2. Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".

3. Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.

4. Restart the computer

5. Go the check the mark in front of Windows Media Player to reinstall it.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:43 AM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:21 AM