none
Unable to apply .bat script on domain users using GPO

Question

• I created a batch file for message flash at shutdown and Log-off time and trying to apply at my Domain users. I tested in my Internal LAB(VM) and it's working fine but when i apply this policy to my AD then it's not working also not getting any error.

This is my batch file code.

@echo off
    msg * Please turn off the UPS and other peripherals too.

• Edited by Mann Sharma Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:51 AM
    Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Mann,

>>it's working fine but when i apply this policy to my AD then it's not working also not getting any error.

Before going further, please try to access the script from the share where the script is stored and run it locally to see if it can run successfully. If yes, please run command gpresult/h gpreport.html to collect group policy result report to check if the policy setting was applied successfully. If yes,please try to log on twice continuously to see if the script can run.

Besides, please check if the network link is good. By default, Scripts policy will not be processed when slow network link is detected.

Regarding this point, the following article can be referred to for more information.
    Specifying Group Policy for Slow Link Detection
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781031(v=WS.10).aspx

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:32 AM

All replies

• 1. What is difference between lab and production environment?

2. What is resulting set of policies?

3. Make sure that the policy is not overwritten by another policy.

4. Insert writing to log in scripts.

Rgds

Milos

Saturday, December 27, 2014 11:13 AM
  • Hi Mann,

>>it's working fine but when i apply this policy to my AD then it's not working also not getting any error.

Before going further, please try to access the script from the share where the script is stored and run it locally to see if it can run successfully. If yes, please run command gpresult/h gpreport.html to collect group policy result report to check if the policy setting was applied successfully. If yes,please try to log on twice continuously to see if the script can run.

Besides, please check if the network link is good. By default, Scripts policy will not be processed when slow network link is detected.

Regarding this point, the following article can be referred to for more information.
    Specifying Group Policy for Slow Link Detection
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781031(v=WS.10).aspx

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:32 AM