none
DPM 2010 Error 2019 0x80072746 when backing up to Tape RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using DPM 2010 to backup a 2003 Storage Server. One of the volumes is 2 TB (using SIS) and everything works fine except for when we backup to tape. It gets about 1.5 TB into the job and then gives the error "(ID 2019 Details: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (0x80072746))". Searching on this error I've found a few articles but no solution. Since we're doing short-term on disk and long-term to tape, the backup to tape is from the replica on the DPM server attached to the tape drive, so there is no remote host involved.

I've run chkdsk on the local replica, I've tried different tapes, etc. No solution. I'm not seeing any errors with regards to specifc files. Not sure at this point where to look. Any suggestions?

Friday, March 23, 2012 8:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try this and see if it helps.

1) Copy the below into notepad, then save the file as connect-timeout.reg  (make sure it does not have a .txt extension)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent]
    "ConnectionNoActivityTimeoutForNonCCJobs"=dword:00001c20
    "ConnectionNoActivityTimeout"=dword:00001c20

2)      Right-click and choose MERGE, or Open with registry editor.   It will prompt if you want to add the entries, say yes.
    3)      Stop and restart DPMRA service, from command prompt run:  Net stop DPMRA & net start DPMRA

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this and see if it helps.

1) Copy the below into notepad, then save the file as connect-timeout.reg  (make sure it does not have a .txt extension)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent]
    "ConnectionNoActivityTimeoutForNonCCJobs"=dword:00001c20
    "ConnectionNoActivityTimeout"=dword:00001c20

2)      Right-click and choose MERGE, or Open with registry editor.   It will prompt if you want to add the entries, say yes.
    3)      Stop and restart DPMRA service, from command prompt run:  Net stop DPMRA & net start DPMRA

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:13 PM
  • i tried that, but it made no difference. Same error.

Friday, April 6, 2012 4:26 PM
  • Hi,

We would need to take DPM traces and look at the log files to troubleshoot further, please open a support ticket if you wish to pursue.

Friday, April 6, 2012 4:46 PM