Recurring Event error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a
    Custom Calendar List set up with a column Named Completion Date.

I have this Formula Applied to the Column =[Completion Date]>Modified+1

(It requires the user to enter a Completion date at least 24 hours from the time of
    submission)

Everything works great until I make it a recurring event. When I do I get an error.
    I am making sure that the Recurrence ends before and not after the Completion Date.

Is there
    any suggestions as to how to keep it from blowing up with Recurrence
    functionality turned on?

Thanks

• Edited by Ethan330 Monday, November 11, 2013 8:19 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 8:18 PM

All replies

• what the error you are getting?

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Monday, November 11, 2013 8:32 PM
  • It pops up with this error:

An unexpected error has
    occurred.

Troubleshoot
    issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID:
    6c445eff-59fc-4ca7-9c17-eb01d942d631

Monday, November 11, 2013 8:36 PM
  • run the below mentioned powershell and get the errors details. please share us the exact error. this should run the powershell console on the server.

Merge-SPLogFile -correlation "6c445eff-59fc-4ca7-9c17-eb01d942d631" -Path "C:\Logs\FarmMergedLog.log"

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Monday, November 11, 2013 8:38 PM
  • I think I found that my error was showing up because I had a formula that didn't work with a recurring event. There was a conflict. You can't set a formula that requires at least a 24 hour time between Modified date and completion date and put a recurrence on it. So I have just removed the option for Recurrence.

=[Completion Date]>Modified+1

I do need an additon to my formula that I am having an issue creating. I also want the requirement to make the user submit the item at least 3 hours from the Start Time as well as 24 hours (1 day) from the Modified time.

How do I add to the formula to show Hours rather than days?

I was trying something like:

=[Completion Date]>Modified+1 and [Completion Date]>Start Time(hours)+3

This doesn't work obviously

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:23 PM