none
Unable to find LiteTouch.wsf error - Server 2008 R2 Image - After Entering in Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I'm trying to figure out an issue with a specific server model using an image that works on other server models.

MDT Server - Server 2008 R2 64Bit, MDT 2013/ADK 8.1

Target Imaging Device - PowerEdge 2900, 6 SATA drives, 3 Virtual Disks (RAID-0, RAID-0, RAID-1)

The image being applied is Server 2008 R2 64bit. When applying this to a P2900 model server, the build tech enters in the Windows product key, the server reboots and comes back and errors out with the generic "Unable to find LiteTouch.wsf" file.

Using the same task sequence to build a PowerEdge T410 server, this issue does not occur.

Unfortunately I don't have any logs at the moment, I'm mainly trying to feel out if someone has been in this situation before.

Oddly, using a P2900 server we have in our other location, using the same Boot CD and task sequence as the build tech, we can't reproduce this issue.

I know the logs are important, unfortunately the build techs aren't very techy so we tried to enable Dynamic Logging and that backfired, but that's another issue.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:43 PM