none
Installation of PowerQuery for Microsoft Excel 2013 x64 CZ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Can anyone help me. Is there any possibility to change registry or something to install PowerQuery.

It always says "There is not Microsoft Excel". I do not want to uninstall and install again Office 2013 x64 CZ.

Thank you very much

Friday, March 7, 2014 9:34 AM

Answers

• So sorry that you ran into trouble installing PowerQuery.  If you run the following command from the command line in the directory with the MSI it will skip the check for excel being installed.  I am hoping that it is just a mis-detected excel instance, but there is a chance that something is missing that PowerQuery needs, so even if the installation succeeds there is a possibility that it may not function properly.

msiexec /i PowerQuery.msi BYPASS_EXCEL_CHECK=0 /l*v inst.log

It would be really helpful if you can post back the inst.log that is produced so we can prevent this error in the future. 

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:12 PM

All replies

• There is a 32 bit and a 64 bit version of Power Query. The version you install must match the version of Excel that you have. Does that help you?

Friday, March 7, 2014 8:14 PM
  • Hi

I have Win 8 x64 Profi CZ with Office 2013 x64 Profi CZ. I do not think, there is problem. I have 2 build beforo latest version of Power Query x64 installed correctly.

Thanks

Sunday, March 9, 2014 11:07 AM
  • So sorry that you ran into trouble installing PowerQuery.  If you run the following command from the command line in the directory with the MSI it will skip the check for excel being installed.  I am hoping that it is just a mis-detected excel instance, but there is a chance that something is missing that PowerQuery needs, so even if the installation succeeds there is a possibility that it may not function properly.

msiexec /i PowerQuery.msi BYPASS_EXCEL_CHECK=0 /l*v inst.log

It would be really helpful if you can post back the inst.log that is produced so we can prevent this error in the future. 

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:12 PM