OCS missed call notifications RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Is it possible to have missed called notifications to your email if Exchange UM is not installed. If yes, how does it do this?

Thanks

Celtic
    Friday, November 12, 2010 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Celtic,

This functionality is controlled via the UM Mailbox Policy and requires UM to be installed in the Exchange 2007/2010 environment. 

Hope this helps!

-kp

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MVP Communications Server, MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Monday, November 15, 2010 1:50 AM
  • Thanks kevin but I just found this article http://blogs.technet.com/b/jenstr/archive/2008/05/29/missed-called-notifications.aspx that states missed call nitifications are possible without Exchange UM
    Celtic
    Monday, November 15, 2010 9:33 AM
  • Hi Celtic,

I wasn't aware of this so thanks for posting the link.  Please keep in mind that according to the article Communicator must be running for this to work.  I'm not sure of the scenario you are trying to cover so this may be ok for that.

"As an Enterprise Voice enabled user without voice mail or a Remote Call Control user you can receive Missed Call Notifications in your Exchange mailbox. The Missed Call Notification is generated by OC 2007 via MAPI. The Missed Call Notification is only generated when OC 2007 is running. Microsoft Outlook does not need to be running."

Thanks!

-kp

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MVP Communications Server, MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Monday, November 15, 2010 2:27 PM