I can't get rid of the desktop backround picture RRS feed

• Question

• I set a picture for my Windows Vista desktop background, but now I want to return to "no picture" for the desktop theme.  However, it seems that I have option of doing that!  I went through all the desktop personalization stuff, it always asks me to select a picture.  I don't want any picture!  I really miss Windows XP's "Display" setting.

Please help!

Friday, July 25, 2008 7:16 PM

Answers

• From the Pictures Location drop-down list, select Solid Colors. Select a color for the background.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:48 AM

All replies

• From the Pictures Location drop-down list, select Solid Colors. Select a color for the background.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:48 AM
  •  Justbeing0 wrote:

I set a picture for my Windows Vista desktop background, but now I want to return to "no picture" for the desktop theme.  However, it seems that I have option of doing that!  I went through all the desktop personalization stuff, it always asks me to select a picture.  I don't want any picture!  I really miss Windows XP's "Display" setting.

Please help!

There is a shorter path to the fix you need.

Right-click on the open desktop & a menu will pop up. Go to the bottom & pick Personalize. A window will pop up where it has all the tasks for the desktop.

Click on Desktop Background & open the drop down menu for Location. There is a setting for Solid Color - click this one. Now pick a color you wish to use & click OK.

You are done, but I suggest that you explore these settings to see all the functions available.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:48 AM