Rules and Alerts Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Need assistance on Rules and Alerts.

Is there a way to export a single rule to another pc or may pc? If yes, does it overwrite their existing rules?

I need to create a rule or rules to share it with my colleagues and hopefully it can be automatic and nor overwrites their existing rule. 

Advance thanks,

Daboizki

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Daboizki,

To export only a single rule to another pc, please follow the steps below:

1. In Outlook, click File > Manage Rules & Alerts.
    2. Delete all other rules, export the remaining one rule (The one you want to share with your colleagues) via click Options > Export Rules...
    3. Then click "Cancel" button on "Rules and Alerts" window to retain deleted rules intact.
    4. Then just share the RWZ file to your colleagues and let them import it.

>> If yes, does it overwrite their existing rules?

It will not overwrite existing rules, but added as a new rule.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:35 AM