none
Missing Configuration Manager Client Package RRS feed

• Question

• While trying to deploy from my primary site a distribution point I encountered errors when trying to distribute the two built in packages for Configuration Manager Client (i.e. XXX0003 and XXX0004).

Errors in the PkgXferMgr.log are:

SendFiles failed; 0x80070003  
    SendContent failed; 0x80070003

Using Content Library Explorer the library for those packages show a gray with (PENDING) as follows:
    XXX00003 ver. 1: Configuration Manager Client Package (PENDING)
    XXX00004 ver. 1:  (PENDING)

In C:\SCCMContentLib\DataLib there are no files/folders for XXX00003.1 or SAO00004.1
    In C:\SCCMContentLib\PkgLib there are no files named XXX00003.1 or SAO00004.1

Our server was running low on space last month and I am almost certain that I inadvertently deleted these packages from the SCCMConentLib in an effort to remove unneeded files.

I ran the  System Center Configuration Manager Setup and reset the site.  This did not resolve the problem.

I tried creating a text file named client.auc in c:\program files\microsoft configuration manager\inboxes\hman.box  to recreate the Configuration Manager Client Package but the package (library information) was not recreated.

I attempted to remove any reference of the XXX00003 and XXX00004 from the SQL tables.  Using SQL Server Management Studio I navigated to Databases - CM_XXX - Tables but there is only one table listed (dbo.SMSData).

How can I get the built in Configuration Manager Client Package and package library information restored?   

Friday, June 17, 2016 5:22 PM

Answers

• I fixed these packages in the ContentLib by doing the following:

For XXX00003 package:  Updated Distribution Points the Configuration Manager Client Package from Software Library - Application Management area.  

For XXX00004 package: Renamed ccmsetup.exe to ccmsetup.exe.old in <Configuration Manager Installation Directory>\ClientUpgrade.  Then dropped client.acu in inboxes\hman.box.  Then renamed ccmsetup.exe.old to ccmsetup.exe in <Configuration Manager Installation Directory>\ClientUpgrade and dropped client.acu in inboxes\hman.box.

Posting this for anyone else who has this problem.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:38 PM

All replies

• Did you make a typo in this post? Did you mean client.acu instead of client.auc? It should be the file client.acu

If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

Saturday, June 18, 2016 1:44 AM
  • Hi,

At this point, we recommend you create a MS support request.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 20, 2016 9:48 AM
  • Yes I made a typo.  I meant client.acu.  Sorry for any confusion.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:06 PM
  • I fixed these packages in the ContentLib by doing the following:

For XXX00003 package:  Updated Distribution Points the Configuration Manager Client Package from Software Library - Application Management area.  

For XXX00004 package: Renamed ccmsetup.exe to ccmsetup.exe.old in <Configuration Manager Installation Directory>\ClientUpgrade.  Then dropped client.acu in inboxes\hman.box.  Then renamed ccmsetup.exe.old to ccmsetup.exe in <Configuration Manager Installation Directory>\ClientUpgrade and dropped client.acu in inboxes\hman.box.

Posting this for anyone else who has this problem.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:38 PM