WSUS No Longer Synchronising Windows 7 Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have recently had to rebuild my WSUS Server which is running on Windows Server 2016 so it is using the latest WSUS, the reason for the rebuild is I reached the size limit using an SQL Express database so I have had to revert to a Windows Internal Database.

The rebuild occurred after January 14th and whilst I have Windows 7 and 2008 R2 product groups enabled to download Critical and Security updates for these products WSUS is not downloading any metadata for these products.  Is this because Windows 7 and 2008 R2 is now EOL so you have removed all of the updates metadata?

Thanks.

• Edited by spar1grep.gh Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:55 PM Removed personal identifier.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I tried to synchronize the updated metadata of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in the newly built WSUS server, and the situation you mentioned did not occur. 

Please confirm that your WSUS server acts as a downstream server to any other WSUS server? Consider adjusting it to connect to Microsoft Update and synchronize. If the situation is still not resolved, did any errors occur during the synchronization of WSUS?

Reply back with the problem would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by spar1grep.gh Saturday, February 1, 2020 5:29 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I tried to synchronize the updated metadata of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in the newly built WSUS server, and the situation you mentioned did not occur. 

Please confirm that your WSUS server acts as a downstream server to any other WSUS server? Consider adjusting it to connect to Microsoft Update and synchronize. If the situation is still not resolved, did any errors occur during the synchronization of WSUS?

Reply back with the problem would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by spar1grep.gh Saturday, February 1, 2020 5:29 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:53 AM
  • Hello Yic,

The server is not a downstream server, it only connects to Microsoft Update.  Sorry but this question can be closed as stupidly I didnt notice that all of the Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 updates have previously been approved during a previous synchronisation, sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks.

Saturday, February 1, 2020 5:29 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to see you solved it!
    And thank you very much for sharing.

Regards,
    Yic

Monday, February 3, 2020 7:03 AM