none
Group Policy Error on WS 2012 Standard R2

Question

• Hi,

Is there anybody experiencing below given error messages ? Its coming to some of the terminal users and is not consistent. At that point of time they cant open mapped drives from the RDWEB session.

There are no known DNS issues, UAC is disabled.

The user 'P:' preference item in the 'Drive Maps Policy {94C23C7F-2EF8-4CA1-B3DF-C0CAF937EDE2}' Group Policy Object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x800704b8 An extended error has occurred.' This error was suppressed.

Log Name: Application

Source: Group Policy Drive maps

Event ID: 4098

Level: Warning

--------ANOTHER ERROR MESSAGE ------------

The user 'X:' preference item in the 'Drive Maps Policy {94C23C7F-2EF8-4CA1-B3DF-C0CAF937EDE2}' Group Policy Object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070008 Not enough storage is available to process this command.' This error was suppressed.

Log Name: Application

Source: Group Policy Drive maps

Event ID: 4098

Level: Warning

I can't find any error message related to DNS in event viewer, all records look good to me.
    Wednesday, March 04, 2015 3:53 AM

All replies

• Hi JatinGupa,

Would you please post us the detailed ROSP xml file of your Drive Maps Policy?

Mostly the problem you meet is due to that a"\" key was put after the share path when you configured the GP preference settings.

You might have a check and try, and post us the result.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:59 AM
  • Hi Elaine,

Here's that policy XML: http://pastebin.com/LUdvF5pG

We don't have trailing slashes in there.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:32 AM
  • Hi,

As I go through the .xml logs, nothing special was detected.

Would you please let me the file server's hardware configuration and how is the server's performance?

Besides that, could you please ask user to try on another pc and check if the problem still occurs.

Then we may able to narrow down the scope for troubleshooting.

Thanks and regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:05 AM
  • Check Credential manager for incorrect saved credentials. I had a user get disconnected, and was prompted to sign in when reconnected, but used the wrong username. Once I deleted credentials, ran GPUPDATE /Force, and logged off and back in mapped drives reconnected without any issues.

Monday, May 04, 2015 8:09 PM