none
Unable to install Skype for Business 2015 resource kit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I try to install this resource kit on a server 2016. When I launch the msi, the cursor goes spinning for a while and nothing happens, no notifications.

I know this is listed as compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, but did anyone succeed in installing this ?

thanks and best regards 

Laurent

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks.

Thursday, March 21, 2019 2:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Laurent,

I just tried in my Windows server 2016 lab environment, SFB 2015 Resource kit could be installed in it.

If you persist to try this way, please make sure you have installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 in advance.

But since the official doc stands that the system is required to be server 2008 or 2012, it means that Microsoft has done a lot of tests and can't guarantee that it won't cause any problem with the installation in other versions of the server, such as server 2016, etc.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 22, 2019 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Laurent,

I just tried in my Windows server 2016 lab environment, SFB 2015 Resource kit could be installed in it.

If you persist to try this way, please make sure you have installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 in advance.

But since the official doc stands that the system is required to be server 2008 or 2012, it means that Microsoft has done a lot of tests and can't guarantee that it won't cause any problem with the installation in other versions of the server, such as server 2016, etc.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 22, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

I have same issue and I am struggling to get the Skype for Business Resource Kit tool installed on the Front end server (Windows 2012 R2). Again as mentioned in the Supported OS platforms for the SFB 2015 ResKit tool, Windows 2012 R2 is not listed so not sure if that could be the issue?

Kavita Oak.

Monday, October 14, 2019 4:57 AM