none
How to query for Microsoft Teams in the SCCM database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create a report that lists all computers that have Microsoft Teams installed. I can see software in Apps & Features on any device with it installed and it is consistently presented as Microsoft Teams.

I have looked in the following views:

v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS
    v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64
    v_GS_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE
    v_GS_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE_MS
    v_Add_Remove_Programs

None of these views seem to have Microsoft Teams present. It's a bit frustrating that it seems Add/Remove Programs views contain a large number of software titles but Teams is not one of them.

Thank you!

Rob

Friday, July 19, 2019 5:15 PM

Answers

• From memory, Teams is a per-user install and thus does not appear in the system's ARP but instead only appears in the user's ARP which ConfigMgr does not (and cannot easily) inventory.

Depending on your exact goal here, a configuration item may be the best and easiest path.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Marked as answer by robwm1 Friday, July 19, 2019 7:41 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 7:37 PM

All replies

• I can find "Teams Machine-Wide Installer" but it does not produce an accurate count of computers with Microsoft Teams installed.
    • Edited by robwm1 Friday, July 19, 2019 5:30 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 5:29 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Try to run a Hardware Inventory cycle on a test machine and check again on the SQL views or installed software from the SCCM console (Right click on the PC > Start > Resource Explorer > Installed applications / Installed application (64) ).

Regards,

SAAD Youssef

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Friday, July 19, 2019 6:36 PM
  • From memory, Teams is a per-user install and thus does not appear in the system's ARP but instead only appears in the user's ARP which ConfigMgr does not (and cannot easily) inventory.

Depending on your exact goal here, a configuration item may be the best and easiest path.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Marked as answer by robwm1 Friday, July 19, 2019 7:41 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 7:37 PM
  • Hi Jason,

That is what I seem to be running into. I had to use software from another vendor to get the report I needed by other means.

Thank you sir!

Rob

Friday, July 19, 2019 7:41 PM
  • Use file based query to capture installs under user profile and under Program files.  Add remove programs will only show under Program files. 
    • Proposed as answer by STHLM Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:36 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by robwm1 Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:56 PM
    Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:36 AM