Windows Media Player 11 for Vista Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• To whom it may concern,

I do not know much about computers so if you don't mind when you reply to this message, I do not understand any computer terms. I have Vista Home Premium which had windows media player 11 automatically on it. I started to have problems with my computer and had to restore it to a couple of days before and update occured, and then my mother de-fraged it. Since this occured last weekend I have not been able to open windows media player, I can still open the media center, but not the player. The advice given to someone else about the command prompt: for %a in (%systemroot%\system32\wm*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %a  is not working to fix the issue on my computer.

the error message that comes up states: The file wmploc.dll has a version 11.0.6001.7007 where 11.0.6001.7008 was expected. Windows media player is not properly installed and must be reinstalled. Do you want to reinstall it from the website?

Every time I go to the website I cannot find the player 11 for vista, and when trying to contact microsoft, the website is telling me my product ID number is invalid. I just ran another virus scan and have no infections found on my computer.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jessica

Saturday, November 7, 2009 4:42 AM