none
Enterprise Working Hours setting problem RRS feed

• Question

• Our company working hours is 8:30am to 6:30pm have 1hours lunch time  Monday to Friday

I set the Enterprise Calendars to 8:30 am to 6:30pm

and i changed the Project Pro 2010 software schedule setting to match the Enterprise Calendar and Create the project Plan make sure the task start time is 8:30am end time 6:30PM

After publish project , the resource try to update status in PWA 

When the user select the date , the time will auto change to 8:00am

If select the finish data at the same time the time display will have some change

but after the user sent the status update to manager get approvals

the time is not the display time of the user input

Not every time is 8:00am and 5:00PM

maybe is 8;30am and 6:00pm or 6:30PM

i don't know what setting i missed.

Please Help

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:07 AM

All replies

• THere are many RED Xs in your posted indicating that your graphics did not get inserted.

My question is to you is why are you trying to track hours worked by the time of day?  Try keeping the time tracking to hours per day an not so much the time of day.  Are the  resources working a 10 hour day with no lunch?

THe task and timesheet only looks at the number of hours per day on their forms.

Keep it simple or you will have a riot with your workers.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCC 2011, MCC2012
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:55 AM
  • Hi, Arvin. I agree with Michael - keep it simple, especially with procedures that involve getting a lot of people to do something consistent. I have seen cases where time of day actual work entries are required but these tended to be very fast running processes with small teams.

That said, one of the things that 'might' explain your symptoms is the use of resource calendars. If it turns out that different resources have different base calendars, that would explain at least when they get scheduled. Also you would want to make sure the project defaults match the Standard calendar.

Graham

Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:20 PM
  • Thank for reply.

I change the picture to jpg and change the upload site, can you see the image?

Our Purpose mainly is  the user can report date of the task finish.

and 10 hours for each day(1h lunch) in the schedule for some resource work time count.

I just want the user report the task start and finish date only.

Thank You both of you

Friday, November 2, 2012 7:23 AM