locked
SCSM Query shows correct information in SMportal but sends only user name back to scorch RRS feed

  • Question

  • When creating a services request in SMportal it will send back correct information to scorch and make configution change if I use use text and not query in the request. When using query it will show the information the users should see but SCSM sends only the user name back to scorch and not the value that was selected.

    Thanks for the help 

    Hans Petter

    Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:17 PM

Answers

  • Well I found out that I was doing to things wrong.

    First I was looking for the RB ID and not the RD SC object that was being past back.

    Also I needed to use XML Query to get data from the user input.

    When I figured that out it was pretty simple.

    • Marked as answer by hanspjacobsen Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:21 AM

All replies

  • When you create a Request Offering that uses a query, that item is added to the Service Request as a related item. In your case you will need to get the related Active Directory Users for your service request. See the link below for more details on this.

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/05/22/working-with-relationships-in-the-scsm-orchestrator-integration-pack.aspx


    Matthew Dowst | Blog | Twitter

    Friday, May 9, 2014 8:17 PM
  • Well I found out that I was doing to things wrong.

    First I was looking for the RB ID and not the RD SC object that was being past back.

    Also I needed to use XML Query to get data from the user input.

    When I figured that out it was pretty simple.

    • Marked as answer by hanspjacobsen Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:21 AM