none
Error in Administrative Templates when running GPRESULT RRS feed

• Question

• We have a user working remotely over VPN who needs quicker access to some files on our shared drive, and wanted to use Offline Folders to access locally cached versions of the files, while synchronizing in the background over VPN. Now formerly, I'd had Offline Files disabled entirely in GPO (don't ask why), so I first removed those settings from the GPO that was applying them. I then tested on my machine, was able to enable offline files and set a folder to be available offline, it all worked.

Now he is able to enable offline files and has the context menu option available for Make Available Offline, but when he clicks it... nothing happens. So I forced a GPUPDATE and then used GPRESULT to see exactly what was being applied. In Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates (where all of the GPO and Offline Files policies were), I saw this:

Am I getting this because I'm forcing the gpupdate while he is on VPN (a slow link)? I disabled slow link detection on the GPO that formerly applied those settings, but I'm not seeing any difference.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:13 PM