none
Problem with bringing sharing tab from one Ethernet adapter to other

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have two NIC connected to my PC, one is fast Ethernet and the other one is gigabit, i want to use the gigabit for external network (internet connection) and the other one for sharing of internet to my laptop.

when i open properties of adapters the fast Ethernet has the sharing tab but the gigabit don't have the sharing tab.

please help me what to do.

• Edited by Atal Wardak Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:31 PM
    Monday, February 08, 2016 12:47 PM

Answers

• Did you read anything on the page besides the title?

Is none of the following applicable?

• You can choose whether to select the Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection check box.

• Optionally, to allow other network users to use services running on your network, click Settings, and then select the services you want to allow.

When you enable ICS, your local area network (LAN)  connection gets a new static IP address and configuration, so you'll need to reestablish any  TCP/IP connections between your host computer and the other network computers.

To test your network and Internet connection, see if you can share files between computers and make sure each computer can reach a website.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:33 PM

All replies

• See Microsoft information Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, February 08, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Hi Atal Wardak,

"when i open properties of adapters the fast Ethernet has the sharing tab but the gigabit don't have the sharing tab."
    You could try to make a bridge of the two network adapters.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:55 PM
  • Hi thanks for reply!

the real problem is bringing the sharing tab from properties of fast Ethernet adapter to gigabit adapter.

Monday, February 15, 2016 11:52 AM
  • thanks for reply!

i don't have problem with internet connection sharing. the problem is bringing the sharing tab from properties of fast Ethernet adapter to gigabit adapter. 

i want to use high speed adapter for external network. 

Monday, February 15, 2016 11:55 AM
  • Are you saying the procedure to accomplish this as describe by Microsoft at the link above isn't working?

Monday, February 15, 2016 4:14 PM
  • Hi Atal Wardak,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:08 AM
  • the above link is not the procedure of bringing sharing tab from one adapter to other adapter, that is about internet sharing.
    Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:24 PM
  • i didn't found any solution still.
    Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:27 PM
  • Did you read anything on the page besides the title?

Is none of the following applicable?

• You can choose whether to select the Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection check box.

• Optionally, to allow other network users to use services running on your network, click Settings, and then select the services you want to allow.

When you enable ICS, your local area network (LAN)  connection gets a new static IP address and configuration, so you'll need to reestablish any  TCP/IP connections between your host computer and the other network computers.

To test your network and Internet connection, see if you can share files between computers and make sure each computer can reach a website.

Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:33 PM