Wrong priority on SCSM Incident RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Currently i am facing a weird issue in my environment.

My priority calculation is as follows

I have set up incident to be raised through emails, and its working as expected.

I have created a template with urgency low and impact low which is priority 3 for the emails raised from source " Email"

I have set up a notification to notify when incident is created from source email.

But during the creation of incident, the priority is being created as 5 and later being changed automatically to 3.

Due to this i am receiving a notification with priority 5 (5 is not in my priority calculation)

How do i stop the system from setting priory to 5? is there a way to delay notification for few mins so that the notification is triggered after few mins (By that time the priority would have changed to 3)

Please advice

thanks,

chalava

• Edited by chlava Friday, September 8, 2017 3:50 PM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 3:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

I was able to replicate your issue in my lab. It looks like the Priority is first calculated on the out of the box values when the IR is created and then a system workflow will run to apply the custom values from the Incident Settings.

If you look at the history tab you can see that the creation has priority 5 and then it will be changed to priority 3 after a number of seconds later.

Unfortunately, there is no way to delay the create notification subscription from running until the priority is updated.

An idea that might work in your situation is to use an update subscription that has:

• From criteria of Priority = 5, Source = Email, Status = In-Progress  
    • and To of Priority = 3, Source = Email, Status = In-Progress.

This subscription should then only trigger when the Priority is reapplied by the system workflow. But if analysts change the priority there might be other situations where it will also trigger.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

• Edited by Glen.Xapity Monday, September 11, 2017 4:06 AM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 9:35 PM
  • Hi Glen,

Thanks for the valuable input.

I have found out that all the changes that i made to the subscriptions are not getting updated. And still working as same as before the changes

I have made several changes to subscriptions, but nothing is changing.

I have rebooted my management server, but its same. 

Is there any issue between by management server and DB or CMDB?

Please advice

Thanks,

Chlava

Monday, September 11, 2017 3:56 AM
  • Hi

I am not sure why the subscriptions would not be getting updated. I would try editing them on the workflow server and see if that makes a difference.

I would be surprised if there was an issue between your management server and the DB (but I have been surprised a lot of times in the past).

What changes are you making- if you can some screenshots would be helpful.

Regards

Glen

Monday, September 11, 2017 4:09 AM
  • Hi Glen,

I have 2 servers 1 Management server and 1 webserver.

How do i identify which is the workflow server.

When i check the System center Configuration manager service is running on webservr and not on management server.

I tried changing subscription from both the servers but still no changes.

The changes i made are as follows

1) An existing subscription which is being used from long time. i have changed the template used on the subscription. but the subcription still uses old template

2) i hv created workflow to use a template (Existing), changed the template to new. but still the old template being used

3) Disabled an existing subscription for testing, but the notifications are still being sent even after disabling

4) Disabled many currently used subscriptions, console shows disabled and status under workflow also shows disabled. But the log shows its still sending the notifications

Thanks,

chlava

• Edited by chlava Monday, September 11, 2017 6:18 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 6:14 AM
  • Hi

By default the workflow server will be the first management server installed.

Check this post for a SQL query to confirm the server: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/e71c4a25-409c-4153-aa9f-63952682955d/moving-the-service-manager-workflow-server-where-is-the-wf-server?forum=systemcenterservicemanager

To me it sounds like there might be multiple subscriptions that are getting triggered. You disabled one or modified one of them, but there is another that is still being used. If you only have 2-3 subscriptions this is probably not the problem.

I am not sure what you mean by creating a workflow to use a template, but this could create more confusion as to who is sending the email - the subscription or the workflow.

Regards

Glen

• Marked as answer by chlava Tuesday, September 12, 2017 3:23 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 6:56 AM