Does Windows 7 logo certification require client application to run under app verifier with no error? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm testing our client app for windows 7 logo certification. It passed the win 7 logo toolkit test.

However, when I run it under appverifier, a very basic function will crash our application and report the Invalid TLS index error in log.

Through the Logo requirement document I can't see it require to pass appverifier, but it is mentioned in the Policies->3.Ensure ongoing quality->Using appverifier withing your software development lifecycle. And installing toolkit will also install app verifier.

So if we need to pass win7 logo certification, do we need to make sure our application can run basic function under app verifier.?

Monday, August 16, 2010 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can find Windows 7 Logo program details here - Windows 7 Logo Program

For clarification or detail information on Windows 7 Logo certification, please contact swlogo@microsoft.com.

Also, “Invalid TLS index error” means there is still an error in the application. I would like to share the following information:

Application Verifier

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371695(VS.85).aspx

Hope above information helps.

Regards,

Sabrina

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, August 23, 2010 3:33 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:24 AM